If not us, then who will?
Calypso Cares values the opportunity to be involved in the greater Erie community as fostering connections is an important component of Calypso culture while endeavoring to develop and support benevolent initiatives.
Good Neighbor Policy
We’ve created a policy to benefit residents contiguous to the facility, offering direct contact and program information as well as an understanding of facility requirements.
Walking the Walk
- Calypso maintains an ‘Erie-first’ mentality, looking first to our own community for employees, vendors, goods and services before sourcing elsewhere.
- 10% of net profits will contribute to established charitable organizations and events.
- Employees are the number one Calypso resource and as such, are supported, empowered and cultivated as the leaders and innovators that they are ♥ putting the human back in human resources.
- Employees are encouraged and subsequently incentivized to complete a full day of volunteerism in the community.
- Calypso partnered with the Adopt-A-Highway Program to beautify two miles of roadway contiguous to the facility.
- 5% of net profits will contribute to research centered on the use of medical marijuana.
- Calypso focuses on sustainable packaging materials and processes, which will have a positive impact on the industry relative to waste streams and recycling opportunities.
- Lockable prescription medicine containers, as well as safety and informational material about products will be provided by Calypso.
- Calypso has developed and implemeted a diversity strategy that supports a welcoming and inclusive workplace as well as community initiatives that appeal to all walks of life ♥ A little slice of Calypso for everyone.
Calypso Enterprises was founded by current CEO, author and philanthropist Samuel P. Black III. The Black family and the Black Family Foundation have contributed to the community at large, including $20 million to endowments at Penn State Erie – The Behrend College, the Erie Community Foundation and the Barber National Institute, as well as area non-profit organizations.